Good Morning DINKS. I know that we may all be busy planning our summer vacations, but let me ask you a very important question…what are your plans for September? If you are a fellow personal financial blogger, if you work in the personal finance industry, or if you just love money and personal finance then you may want to take a trip to Denver at the beginning of September.
The Financial Blogger Conference aka #FINCON12 on Twitter will take place in Denver Colorado from Thursday September 6th until Sunday September 9th. The Financial Blogger Conference is a four day event that brings financial professionals and financial bloggers together for brainstorming and networking.
This year’s Financial Blogger Conference is being held at the Denver Grand Hyatt Hotel in Downtown Denver Colorado. This conference a great opportunity for the financial blogging community to come together once a year to learn from each other and share our ideas with other professionals.
Last year The Financial Blogger Conference was held in Chicago and unfortunately I was unable to attend the conference. I was sort of upset when I found out that the Financial Blogger Conference was being held in Colorado this year because I really want to visit Chicago. However the more I search the web and the more information I read about Denver I am actually looking forward to visiting Denver Colorado for four days in September.
I have never been to Colorado but when I think about Denver I picture miles and miles of nature with green forests set in a mountainous background. Denver Colorado does look very nice in the pictures that I have seen but it turns out that there are several fun things to do in Denver Colorado. The conference is being held at the Denver Hyatt hotel which is located in a great area and it is also close to many fun attractions. Several amenities such as great shopping, little cafes, and delicious restaurants are within walking distance of the hotel.
Why You Should Go To The Financial Blogger Conference:
- It’s a great opportunity for networking and promoting your personal finance blog
- It’s a wonderful learning opportunity to gain experience from professionals
- It’s a chance to meet new people and put a face to the names you see around the web
Fun Things To Do in Denver Colorado:
- The Cherry Creek North Neighbourhood has 16 blocks of outdoor shopping and dining
- Denver has many world class museums to visit and enjoy
- There is an amusement park in Downtown Denver
- Denver is the home to one of the nation’s most popular Zoo’s
- There is a Rafting and Zip line excursion only 30 minutes away from Denver
Facts About Denver Colorado:
- Denver Colorado is known as The Mile High City
- The population of Denver is 610,345 and the population of Greater Denver and its Surrounding Areas is approximately 3.2 million people
- Denver Colorado has 8 professional sports teams
- The highest point in Denver is exactly 1 mile above sea level (5280 feet high)
- Denver Colorado has 300 days of sunshine every year
Photo by Larry Johnson