Good Morning DINKS. DINKS Choice is a series that we publish whenever we find a really great product or service and we want to share our experience with you. Basically the DINKS Choice series is a rave review of our favourite products. This time we are reviewing the hotel booking services from Priceline.com . Before I start this review I would like everyone to know that this post is not sponsored, endorsed, or influenced in any way by Priceline.com.
I personally love to travel and I have always searched for discounted flights and hotel rooms on various websites such as Expedia and Travelocity. However about a year ago I discovered Priceline.com and since then I have booked several vacations using their great online service.
Priceline.com is a discount travel website which allows users to book flights, hotel rooms, car rentals, and vacation packages at discounted prices. It also has several extra benefits such as the option to search for a hotel room or flight within our own price range as well as confirming exactly how much of a discount we are receiving on our vacation packages.
My first experience with Priceline was over a year ago and I absolutely fell in love with their easy to use and no small fine print service. My mother and several of my friends love booking their vacations with Hotwire.com, but I can’t bring myself to try any other discount travel services.
When I book my vacations with Priceline I always search for deals on their website but if I can’t find a price that fits into my budget. I use the option to name my own price to book my hotel room. I have not yet used the name your own price feature to book a flight or a car rental. I absolutely love the fact that we also have the option to extend our stay at the same price if we need to do so. It is important to know that when we book our vacation with Priceline.com our credit card is charged instantly, there are no additional charges by the hotel unless we use some of their services such as ordering movies or using the telephone.
Here are 5 Great Reasons Why I Love Priceline.com
- Priceline give us the savings percentage. I love getting a discount and the only thing better than getting a discount is knowing exactly how much of a discount we are receiving.
- We can name our own price on hotel rooms, flights, and car rentals. I like having a budget and being able to stick with it. In the past I have even booked a hotel room and been upgraded to a higher quality rating hotel room at the same price.
- Priceline gives us the option to choose the area and the star quality level. It is very convenient to book a hotel room and be able to choose the exact area where we want to stay. We don’t know the exact location of the hotel until our price is confirmed, but we can choose the area or multiple areas where we would like to stay.
- We get an instant confirmation if our price is accepted or declined. When you name your own price with Priceline.com we know instantly if our offer is accepted. If we are declined we can change the location, the hotel star quality rating, or increase our price and make another offer instantly.
- Priceline.com is one stop shopping. We do not have to waste time searching individual websites for deals and locations. Priceline deals with several different hotel chains such as Marriott, Days Inn, and Double Tree.
Will you use Priceline.com to book your next vacation?