Good morning Dinks and happy Friday. This time next weekend I will be on a train on my way home to see my parents. As you may remember I don’t visit my hometown very often since my family fell apart almost three years ago, but I haven’t been home in a while and I got a really good deal on my train ticket.
I am taking a 5 hour round trip (10 hours total) for only $80. I know that may seem expensive to some of you because Amtrak is a lot less expensive than our rail system up here in Canada, but this is a trip that would normally cost over $150, so it’s a really good deal for us Canadians.
I thought that the phase of my life when I would carelessly buy things just because they were a good deal was over – but I guess not.
What is the last thing that you bought (but didn’t need) just because it was on sale?
Have a great weekend. Enjoy these giveaways and posts from around the web:
– My Diary Entry is giving away a pair of X-1 headphones
– Take Our Gift Cards is giving away a $150 Visa gift card
– The Jenny Pincher – I suck at Relationships – But Here’s How I’ve Tried to Fix It
– Smart Money Chicks – Things To Do With Your Tax Refund
– Budgets Are Sexy – Yard Sales Are Back!!!!
– Money Crashers – Best New Bank Account Promotions, Offers & Free Money
– My Bank Tracker – New Wells Fargo Branch Concept: Going Small, Going Digital
And here are the carnivals we were linked in:
– Adam Hagerman – Carnival of Personal Finance #406 – It’s Tax Time!
– One Smart Dollar – Festival of Frugality – Spring is Here…Or Is It?
Photo by ELEOTH
Like DINKS? Subscribe!
Subscribe to get the latest DINKS Finance content by email.