Happy Friday DINKS! Today for some light reading before we start our weekend we are going to discuss our many travels. I absolutely love travelling to new places, learning about different cultures, and experiencing new things.
However, before we get started I would like to congratulate B. Myself and ib. You are both winners of our Friday Giveaway Extravaganza. B. Myself you are the winner of $25 via PayPal and ib is the winner of a copy of the personal finance book The Wealthy Barber. Please get in touch with us so we can send you the prizes.
As you may remember, I am a huge fan of Europe. Every few years I plan to take a trip to Europe. In 2009 I went to Spain, and next summer I am planning to go to Italy. Also on my list of European countries to visit are Portugal and Greece.
I usually choose by travel destinations based on personal preference. However, sometimes the currency conversion rate as well as the cost of living in particular countries influences my decision. Travel time to the destination as well as safety and security for tourists are also both factors that I consider when choosing a travel destination. The current conversion rate of US Dollars to Euros is 0.6787; this means that it will cost $1473.50 US Dollars to buy 1000 Euros. This rate is a lot better than it was in September 2009 when I travelled to Spain. However, who knows what the foreign exchange rate will be next summer when I go to Italy.
We haven’t decided yet where we are going stay in Italy. This will depend on the cost of flights to different cities as well as hotels. I am sure that whether we are in Rome, Venice, or Milan we will totally love Italy. Does anyone have a favourite city or hotel in Italy?
Here are some other posts from around the web about personal experience while travelling:
- Man vs. Debt talks about his RV adventure around American in his post 10 Truths I’ve Learned on the Open Road.
- Blonde and Balanced discusses the details of her upcoming 3 week honeymoon in Mexico in her post Honeymoon is Booked! AKA Out of the Office for 3 Weeks!
- Fabulously Broke travels a lot for work. She discusses her favourite places to eat, shop, and stay while visiting various Canadian and American cities. She also mentions some places to avoid. FB is planning a trip to Asia; I look forward to reading more about that.
- Frugal Dad gives us ways to save money on our vacation in his post 7 Money Saving Vacation Websites (After You Purchase Your Tickets).
- Green Panda Tree House offers tips to save money while on vacation in the post How to Budget for a Vacation.
Before we part our separate ways for the weekend, I want to take a quick minute to discuss the most recent world news that hit us last week. It was reported that Osama Bin Laden was captured and killed by US Navy Seals. All I want to say is that if Osama Bin Laden was responsible for the attacks of September 11 then I believe that he got what he deserved. However, the loss of one man’s life will not bring back the thousands of fathers, mothers, sons, and daughters, who lost their lives on the tragic day of September 11, 2001.
Have a Great Weekend DINKS!
Photo by Beau Maes