Weekly roundup: I wish I was at the beach

by Kristina on August 1, 2014 · 9 comments

DINKS Friday

Happy Friday Dinks.  I don’t know if I’ve ever told you this but I really love the water.  I think that’s why I love New York and Boston so much, because of their proximity to the water.  I know what you’re thinking…”But what about California?”  Yes I know California has some great beaches but to tell you the truth I think I’ll always be an East Coast Girl.

All this to say I wish I was at the beach.  I love the convenience the comes with living in a city, but sometimes I just wish I could dunk my head in the water.

What’s your favorite beach destination?

Enjoy these great posts from our financial friends:

Budgets Are Sexy – It’s Not About The Money…

Wise Dollar – 5 Cheap Landscaping Ideas You Should Do This Summer

Enemy of Debt – Starting Over Requires a New Starting Point

Retire by 40 – How’s Life 2 Years After Early Retirement?

Fat Guy Skinny Wallet – Appetite for Destruction: 4 Ways to Reduce The Stress

Clever Dude – How Spending $13 Cost Me $600 Bucks

Photo from Flickr

1 Jason @ Phroogal August 1, 2014 at 11:50 am

It’s the reason why I love Jersey because of my proximity to NYC, the mountains and the beaches. Nothing like reading blogs while laying on the beach in Asbury Park.

2 J. Money August 1, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Thanks for the love!

3 Kate @ Money Propeller August 1, 2014 at 10:16 pm

I love beaches too! But as of now, we will just spend our weekend by doing a movie marathon with my family. Happy weekend to you!

4 Khaleef @ Fat Guy Skinny Wallet August 2, 2014 at 12:42 am

Born and raised in Jersey, so I’ll rate our beaches #2 behind Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I’m sure any beach off an island would be better, but I’ve never been to any.

Thanks so much for the shout out, Kristina!

5 Kristina August 2, 2014 at 10:53 pm

@Jason – oh that sounds like a perfect weekend…reading on the beach. Have a good one!

@J.Money – great post. Have a great weekend.

@Kate – I really love Netflix so I can absolutely relate to your movie weekends.

@Khaleef – You are so lucky to be near the water. We have the St. Lawrence river here in Montreal, but you can’t go in it because of the pollution. Have a great weekend. I hope to see you at FinCon this year!

6 Kayla @ Red Debted Stepchild August 3, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I’ve never been the a beach, that I can remember anyhow. I know my parents took me to Florida to see some relatives when I was 2, but I don’t remember it and don’t know if we went to the beach…

7 Travis @debtchronicles August 4, 2014 at 8:56 am

We went to the beach in Destin, Florida with the family over spring break….LOVED IT. thanks for including TeamEOD in your roundup!

8 Brock @CleverDude August 4, 2014 at 8:57 am