Good morning Dinks. It’s Friday…WOOT WOOT. Nothing much happened in my week so not too much to talk about. I finally got to see the Steve Jobs movie…loved it. Today after work I am getting my haircut. I know this seems like a ridiculous discussion topic but please keep reading…there is a point to my story.D
I shamefully say that at almost 33 years old (next month) my grey hair is starting to creep through my natural shade of brown. So as of today I am going to be a bottle brunette.
After searching around and price shopping for a new hairdresser I finally found a salon that offers haircuts starting at $55. This sounds like a great deal to me because my old hair dresser charged $70 plus tax for a haircut.
When I told my father about my supposedly great news his first reaction was “Who the hell pays $70 for a hair cut.”
I am sure that many of our male Dinks just had this same reaction, whereas our lady Dinks might be a little more understanding. My dad told me that he pays $15 for a hair cut at his barber and if he wants to add in a shave it’s another $10. Who knew that a day of pampering could only cost $25? Ladies…am I right?
This is just another example of how men and women differ when it comes to money. What I, as a woman, think is a great deal may seem like a totally outrageous expense to a man.
What do you think?
Enjoy these posts from our personal finance friends. Have a great weekend.
– LearnVest – One bank or many: Where should I keep my accounts?
– Budgets Are Sexy – Being cheap vs. Being frugal
– Thirty Six Months – The perfect time to start Christmas shopping
– Gajizmo – How To Get Out Of Jury Duty
– Feeling Financial – Inflation Risk – Go Broke Slowly
– Dough Roller – 4 Options When you Can’t Open a Bank Account
– Budget & the Beach – Multiple streams of income and happiness
Photo by thebarb