Good morning Dinks, happy Friday and happy July 4th weekend. I know that everyone is out eating barbeque, watching fireworks, swimming at the beach and enjoying their weekend. When I was younger I loved the first weekend in July because it meant we were having a big party to kick off the summer.
When the long weekend in July rolled around it meant that school was out and summer started. Do you remember your summers as a kid? Mine consisted of pools, biking and spending time with my friends in our neighbourhood park. Remember that time in your life when nothing really mattered except your friends and the warm weather. Gosh I miss those days – the days before I had to pay rent, before I had bills and before I worked full time. I absolutely miss my childhood summers.
What is your favourite thing about summer?
Enjoy these great posts and fun giveaways from our friends:
- My Diary Entry is giving away a 1 year subscription to SELF magazine
- Financial Samurai - Dealing With Fear And Greed To Become A Better Investor
- Wise Bread - 5 Best Gas Rewards Credit Cards
– Investor Junkie – The Importance of Sticking to Your Investment Strategy
- Get Rich Slowly - Are you saving when you should be spending?
- NZ Muse - Four tips for travelling with your partner
Photo by City of Boston