Happy Friday Dinks. Since the holiday season I have been in a “baking mood”. I am not a super great cook or an accomplished baker, but I am trying and I am saving a lot of money along the way. Over the past few months I have made cupcakes from a kit that I bought at the grocery store and apple cinnamon bread from a recipe that I found online; a slice of sweet bread is the perfect midmorning snack at work and it is a lot cheaper than buying a bagel and coffee from Starbucks. I also shared a banana bread recipe with the American Cancer Society as a part of their “a healthier table” series.
The apple cinnamon bread and the banana bread were both delicious and easy enough to make that even a beginner (like me) can master it. The cupcakes however were completely another story. The kit made 24 cupcakes and let me tell you that 24 cupcakes are a lot of dessert for two people to eat. The icing (although delicious) was very messy.
I recently made blueberry muffins with a recipe from Bethenny Frankel, the creator of the Skinnygirl cocktail, and they were delicious. The recipe makes 6-8 cupcakes which is the perfect amount of snacks for a couple – they definitely won’t go to waste. If you are in a baking mood I definitely suggest that you check them out.
While you are waiting for your baked goods to be ready check out these great posts from our friends in the personal finance world. Enjoy and have a great weekend.
- Savvy Sugar – 26 Affordable Valentine’s Gifts For Him (I wanted to leave a comment on this post but you have to register. If people want readers to comment they have to make it easy for us)
- Live Well on Less – When Should You Buy a House?
- Kylie Ofiu - My $11,250 goal for The Fistula Foundation (she is trying to raise money for this charity – let’s help her out!)
- 50 Plus Finance – Managed Communication Services for Your Business Through Cloud Computing
- Couple Money – Nuts and Bolts of Living on One Income
- Savvy Financial Latina – We Cancelled Our Cable
Photo by La Grande Farmers Market