Happy Friday Dinks. October is very close and that means that my birthday is only 11 days away. This year I am deciding if I should stick to my normal birthday routine of getting my hair and nails done combined with a little bit of birthday shopping and a slice of cheesecake, or if I should spend my birthday with my girlfriends in New York City.
You all know that I am absolutely in love with NYC but I have already been there twice this year and I just got home from FinCon12 in Denver just a few weeks ago. I am not sure if my financial conscience will let me take another trip this year. Next year I am planning on attending BlogHer13 in Chicago along with Blissdom Canada in Toronto and FinCon13 or The Savvy Blogging Summit, depending on the locations; therefore I really need to save money for next year. However, I never like to pass up a chance to go to NYC and because we would be four girls who are travelling the trip will be very cheap.
What do you think? How should I spend my 32nd birthday?
Enjoy these great posts from some of our favourite personal finance bloggers:
- And then She Saved – Dramatically Increase The Quality of Your Life
- Frugal Portland – How Heartbreak is like a Water Pitcher
- Retire Happy Blog – Life is a series of planned and unplanned events
- The Simple Dollar – The Time to Savor
A big thank you to these websites that have featured articles from Dinks Finance:
- BlogHer – Should I give my boyfriend a marriage ultimatum?
- H&R Block – 5 money conversations to have before you get married
- The Quarter Roll Magazine – 5 Things that I would never pay $25 for
Photo by tanakawho