Good Morning DINKS and Happy Friday. I am not sure if I mentioned this or not, but as of Wednesday February 29th I gave up eating chocolate for the 40 days of sacrifice during the period known as Lent.
It has been well over two weeks since I ate anything chocolate including chocolate ice cream, chocolate milk, chocolate bars, and anything else chocolate flavoured. The first 7 days were really difficult and I am definitely looking forward to the day when I can eat chocolate again, but my chocolate cravings are getting smaller as the days go by.
I usually don’t give up something during the 40 days of Lent, I usually try to improve on something in my life such as using less foul language, cooking at home more, or trying to do a daily good deed; but this year I decided to give up chocolate. I usually eat something chocolate or chocolate flavoured on a daily basis so 40 days without one of my favourite foods is definitely going to be a personal success. I am going to look back on this experience during future times of defeat and tell myself that if I can live without eating chocolate for 40 days then I can do anything.
Here are our favourite posts from around the web this week.
Enjoy DINKS and Have a Great Weekend!
- Modest Money shares his life changing decision in the post “The Decision To Get A New Job”
- Adaptu helps us become debt free in the post “What to Do When Your Significant Other Is Deeply in Debt”
- Budgets Are Sexy confirms that money can’t buy happiness in the post “The Story of Heiress Huguette Clark”
- Passive Income Now helps us save money in the post “Fees You Shouldn’t Be Paying”
- Give Me Back My Five Bucks gives us some good financial advice in the post “How to spend your tax refund responsibly”
- Careful Cents featured a guest post by Dinks Finance last week titled “Financial Decisions to Make as a Couple”
Photo by Euro Magic