The Detroit News is reporting that 60 year of David Sneath of Livonia Michigan recently won a $136 million dollar jackpot in the Michigan state lottery. On hearing that he won the lottery Mr. Sneath promptly walked off his job at a Ford motor company warehouse. We heard about this story and got to chatting about what we would do if we won that kind of money. Interestingly enough our reactions were pretty different.
1) Take control of a prosperous mid-sized corporation.
2) Buy several politicians.
3) Ensure that my family remained members of America’s wealthy oligarchy.
4) Crush anyone who gets in my way.
1) Use some as capital to start a green real estate development company.
2) Use some for seed money for a philanthropic organization to help people in need, likely internationally.
3) Start a scholarship fund to promote study abroad programs for high school students.
4) Go on a nice international vacation at least once a year.
Pretty different first reactions…yet we manage to stay married!
There is more great commentary over at Free Money Finance.
Here is the link to the story.